The Hobart Handler 190 provides users with a low-cost option to weld aluminium while allowing for enhanced portability and a small frame that makes the machine easy to use. A versatile general use machine that comes complete with multiple useful features, the Hobart Handler 190 is sturdy enough to resist the test of time and robust to withstand frequent use.
Who Is It Suitable For?
The Hobart Handler 190 is an excellent choice for those in need of a powerful and efficient MIG welder, whether they want to tackle an occasional heavy job, or for constant use that is not classified as industrial. It is one of best mig welders for home / hobby use.
Due to its large range of welds the machine is able to handle and its heavy power output, this welder is suitable for construction and maintenance work, automotive work, home DIY projects, farm and ranch work, as well as light industrial work.
Moreover, the size of the machine and its capability to run off of generators make it a good choice for those who are looking for a portable machine they can easily move from one site to another.
Features and Specifications
Featuring a 7-position voltage switch and infinite wire feed speed control, the Hobart Handler 190 is one of the best choices out there when it comes to matching the thickness of the metal and wire diameter. Other features that make the welder a better choice than other competitors in its class include a minimal post-weld clean-up, great penetration, professional bead appearance, and less spatter.
The welder works on 230V input power and allows users to weld materials as thick as 5/16 inch and as thin as 24 gauge, boasting an output range of 25 to 190 amps. The machine features a built-in spool gun control circuitry that is useable with soft aluminium wires and mild or stainless steel wires. Other useful features include motor protection and self-resetting thermal overload.
The dual groove drive roll system of the welder makes the machine ideal for switching the wire sizes with ease. Moreover, users can access the polarity changeover very easily. The durability of the machine is enhanced by the self-resetting thermal overload that protects the welder with every use.
Portability and Ease of Use
Weighing just 68 pounds, the Hobart Handler 190 is easy to transport, being a good choice for those who need a welder they can mover around with ease. The versatility of the tool is enhanced by the fact that it can be powered by generators. Keep in mind that a generator with a minimum of 7,000-watt is required for the welder to function.
The welder operates on a 230 V input power, so you can use it anywhere a 230V power plug is available. This offers users enhanced flexibility because they can usually find a suitable input power on most sites.
Users will find multiple accessories in the box, besides the Hobart Handler 190 welder. These include:
· Built-in gas valve
· A comfortable 10 ft. (3 m) H100S4-10 welding gun
· Power cord with plug
· 10 ft. (3 m) work cable with clamp
· Dual gauge regulator and gas hose
· 8 in (203 mm) wire spool adapter
· Sample spool of .030 in. (0.8 mm) self-shielded flux cored welding wire
· Extra .030 in. (0.8 mm) contact tips
Other accessories are available for the welder at an extra cost, and they include protective covers, replacement MIG guns, and cylinder racks.
· Easy aluminium welding: The welder has a pre-installed spool gun circuitry, so users don’t have to fiddle with adapters or control boxes as they may ned to do with other welders.
· Huge welding rage: Because it is capable of running 25 – 190 amps with infinite wire speed and multiple voltage settings, the Hobart Handler 190 welder does a great job with all kinds of aluminium, no matter the thickness.
· A reference guide printed on the machine: The Hobart Handler 190 welder comes with a quick reference guide that is printed directly on the machine, so you can quickly apply the right settings for various materials and thicknesses.
· Protected construction: the Hobart Handler 190 welder comes with short circuit protection that guard against current overload.
· Versatile input control: the welder has seven voltage selection that offer users the possibility to control the output settings with precision.
· Users get a clean weld every time, something that is often not the case with other machines.
· The machine is easy to transport thanks to its light weight of just 68 pounds.
· An inconvenience of the Hobart Handler 190 welder is the fact that it runs on 230V, so you cannot use it with a normal household power outlet. On the upside, you can use it with generators of at least 7,000 watts.
· The welder is slightly more expensive than other welders in its category, which may not make it a suitable option for those on a budget who only need a basic welder for occasional tasks.
As with any other Hobart machine, the Hobart Handler 190 welder comes with the Hobart 5/3/1 industrial warranty, which gives you a 5, 3, or 1-year warranty for both the machine and its parts, depending on your kind of equipment. This means that if your welder breaks down during the warranty period, you can have it repaired at no additional cost for you, or get a replacement, depending on the kind of damage.
Whether you are looking for a portable, compact welder for household projects, auto body tasks and repairs, or farm projects, the Hobart Handler 190 would fit the bill. This long-lasting welder offers all the flexibility you may need to tackle various types of projects, and the ease of use makes it a suitable choice for beginners and experienced individuals alike.